Lots of people experience dental anxiety. In fact, the Academy of General Dentistry estimates that 25 million Americans avoid dental visits because of fear or anxiety. The doctor and our team cater to the needs of fearful patients. We’ll use a gentle touch and soothing manner to put you at ease. If that’s not enough, we offer oral sedation to calm nerves and let you experience complete relaxation during your dental visit.
Oral sedation is safe, proven effective, and commonly used by people just like you who:
• Have had a negative past dental experience
• Dislike the sights, sounds, or smells of a dental office
• Experience mild to severe anxiety when faced with a dental visit
• Can’t keep their mouths open for long periods of time
• Need numerous dental procedures performed
• Want to complete their dental work in as few visits as possible
As a sedation dentistry patient, you’ll take a sedative pill prior to your dental appointment. (Please have someone drive you to our office, then take you home after your visit.) You’ll enter a state of total mental and physical relaxation, allowing our team to potentially perform numerous dental procedures in a single visit. Time will seem to fly while you’re in our office, and you’ll emerge from sedation relaxed and with a healthier smile.
Sedation dentistry offers a soothing alternative for adult patients who’ve put off dental care due to fear or a busy schedule. Find out if it’s right for you!
Make Bedford Dentistry your home for quality care. Call today to schedule an appointment and experience the personalized service and one-on-one attention you deserve.